Monday, September 23, 2019

Lady in the Elevator


Sometime not too long ago, probably over about a month ago just before I have moved to my new condo, I was asked by my mom to go buy something at the convenient store it has something to do with the packing that was going on in the unit so I have to go get dressed before going out of the door. I have this weird hobby of checking out who else is waiting for the elevator to come up as we are on the 16th floor, so I went out of the door and looked out, there was a lady wearing a long black skirt and a white polo shirt top least that is what I thought it was but was not carrying anything just waiting by the elevator, where we live is a bit far from where the lady was standing so I hurried inside to get my wallet and try catching the elevator door before it closes should it arrive.

I brisk walk as fast as I could when I was about a few steps away the lady moved and walked straight in thinking she would be holding the door open I said “Please wait!” but as soon as I get to the elevator the first the elevator was on the ground floor and the other one is still on the 20th floor and there is no way the elevator in the ground floor can go down that fast as when I was walking towards it should be at least on the 10th or the 7th floor at least.

When I got down to the ground floor I asked the guards on the lobby if they saw the lady wearing a black skirt and white buttoned shirt going out of the first elevator on the left, they answered No and that that the elevator is currently being fixed it's why it’s open from the ground floor, that just sank in me that that lady that I saw was no neighbor and that she could be just a memory from the past. The look on that lady as I was approaching her has no emotion, no expression and just plain empty.
In such a short time, I have left in the building I asked some friends around if they remember such a person that looked like what I have described and some say it must be one of the unit owners from the same floor but none of my neighbors look anything like the one I just described, then one of the security personnel that has been working there for a long time told me a story of a lady that used to live on the same floor as I am, she left for work and was never found ever again, was wearing the same clothing as I have described, a white buttoned shirt and a long black skirt, her hair was tied up not on a ponytail but it's like  how I tie my hair up using chopsticks, a bit skinny, Spanish looking and fair complexion.

Who is she? What happened to her? I don’t know only time will tell if I would still have time to come visit that place again and try to see if I can talk to that spirit if she is one, but if it’s just a memory then I believe there is a message she wants to tell people, whatever it is I know one day she will open up to someone, someone living in the same unit as she does a long time ago.